WHO ARE WE?
The Griffin Foundation is a non-profit organization formed for the sole purpose of raising funds beyond those currently provided by the Cobb County School District to fund elements of education such as technology enhancements, supplemental enriched curriculum, student services, additional faculty and capital improvements.
WHAT HAVE WE FUNDED THE PAST 4 YEARS?
• Awarded over $30,000 in Teacher Grants, providing additional resources and tools in the classrooms, including this past year: iPads & Kindles, Media Cart & books in Learning Commons, tuners and metronomes for Band & Orchestra
• Repainting/refurbishing of the theater; printers for all computer labs
• Headphones for all computers; picnic tables in the Memorial Garden
• Created an annual Legacy Award for two students who have achieved personal growth through perseverance
WHAT DO WE PLAN TO FUND?
• Outdoor Learning: a GMS Nature Trail, and refurbishing of Outdoor Classroom
• Annual Teacher/Classroom Grant program
• Continue technology expansion: classroom sets of laptops with cart
HOW DO WE RAISE MONEY?
• Capital Campaign: Give 2 Griffin (Fall)
• Haunted House (October)
• Student Lock – In (Winter)
HOW CAN YOU HELP OR GET INVOLVED?
• Donate to the campaign
• Volunteer to help with any of our events
• Sponsorship from your business
• Contact Kim Trumble at kim.Trumble1@gmail.com for more information
If you would like to make a contribution to the Griffin Foundation, please click the yellow DONATE (Pay Pal) button on our GMS homepage: www.cobbk12.org/griffin/
Welcome to 7th grade social studies. Throughout the year, we will be studying topics related to Asia, Africa, and understanding one's financial future. I look forward to working with you this year.
The 7th grade GSE Standards can be viewed in the PDF.
Welcome to my class blog. This will be my fourth year at Griffin Middle School. This blog is centered on 7th grade World Studies content. The blog can be used as a daily content enrichment tool and a reminder of classroom events. I look forward to the 2018-2019 school year.